Welcome to my blog!

I think I planned to start blogging over a year ago, but somehow never got around to it.
Well, 2018 seems to be the year.

I don't expect large numbers of people to follow this blog, but hopefully those who do will get something out of it, and I myself will benefit in the following ways:

  • Putting the random ideas floating around in my head onto paper (or, in this case, silicon). By itself this can be stimulating and gratifying; plus writing an argument down forces one to think it through.
  • Building a "time capsule" of writings to look back on, so that when I'm older I can cringe at all the ways that I've been dumb.
  • Spending more time producing stuff instead of just consuming stuff in my spare time.
To get a rough idea of the types of things I am likely to write about, check out the tabs above (on "Rationality", "Effective Altruism", and "AI Safety").

Happy New Year!
~Michael

(P.S.: Perhaps I should have written that I do expect large numbers of readers and that I want to be the next Slate Star Codex, just so that there's a higher chance of it becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog